Boot Camp messed up when Windows XP blue screened

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.26Ghz 8GB RAM
I've just had Windows XP blue screen and die on Boot Camp obviously taking with it the Windows side of the Boot Camp software. I went into Boot Camp Assistant hoping to "Restore the startup disk to a single volume" and go through a fresh setting up procedure. However that welcome screen and option wasn't available. The Assistant wanted to install support software for Windows which it couldn't do so now I'm stuck, wanting to remove the Boot Camp partition and start again.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot from your install recovery DVD and use Disk Utility to remove the BC partition and convert the entire disk into one single partition. Afterward, if your disk has enough space that's not fragmented, you can attempt a reinstall of XP by using the BC Assistant.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.