• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

how to bring back tool bar and audio levels?

Reaction score
how to bring back audio levels graphic?

My audio levels grahpic on the right side of FCP disappeared. How can I bring them back? (Ugh. I see the Mac is just as obtuse and non-intuitive as the PC.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I would suggest that it's FCP that's obtuse, rather than you Mac...or it's user. ;D ;D

OP
R
Reaction score
I finally figured it out. You can't just do a right click to restore various windows that have disappeared. You have to click in FCP window (not the desktop window) and then go to the Windows tab, and the click next to the relevant window.

All of this reminds me of an Andy Rooney classic:YouTube - ‪Andy Rooney on Bill Gates‬‏

"Do you simply press a button that says says "off" to turn off your computer. You do not. The first thing you do to stop is push start...."

C

chas_m

I'm not sure how this is illogical, to look under the "Windows" menu to recover windows YOU closed and now need to re-open ...

OP
R
Reaction score
I'm not sure how this is illogical, to look under the "Windows" menu to recover windows YOU closed and now need to re-open ...

From your essay:
"Ask your "dumb" questions. We'll answer them with a smile!"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.