printer recommendations to replace HP C4480 AIO

Reaction score
My HP c4480 for mi iMac may be faulty. I tried printing something from google maps yesterday and the output was streaked -- and the map was smaller than regular.

First of all -- has anyone else out there had this problem? Can you tell me if it's Safari/google or what?

I tried to clean the heads but no such luck -- the printout color varies from line to line when I tried to print a letter in NeoOffice (Downloaded the latest update but no change) -- and some of the lines are cut off -- when I tried to print a letter, some lines were missing as well -- it's as if the printer or program forgot them.

Also had this problem when I tried to print a PDF in preview. Maybe not as bad, but not what was on the screen.

I also printed a test page and it came some of the lines were two colors -- the top half was black and the bottom half was a light blue.

Can anyone tell me if they've had this problem? Should I buy a new printer and if so, can you recommend one? I was looking at a canon brand the MG8120, but I'm not sure. Maybe I should wait until OS X Lion comes out?

Just tried the same thing on my MacBook Pro -- same result -- some of the line were missing. Could it be a problem with the OS? I don't think so, to be honest -- I've had the latest version for a while and no problems before -- unless the new security update I downloaded has something to do with it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Not entirely sure what this has to do with 'Community Suggestions and Feedback'. Please be sure to read the forum descriptions when choosing where to create your thread. This helps to keep the forum better organized and ensure more timely responses. Thanks for understanding.

OP
S
Reaction score
My HP c4480 for mi iMac may be faulty. I tried printing something from google maps yesterday and the output was streaked -- and the map was smaller than regular.

First of all -- has anyone else out there had this problem? Can you tell me if it's Safari/google or what?

I tried to clean the heads but no such luck -- the printout color varies from line to line when I tried to print a letter in NeoOffice (Downloaded the latest update but no change) -- and some of the lines are cut off -- when I tried to print a letter, some lines were missing as well -- it's as if the printer or program forgot them.

Also had this problem when I tried to print a PDF in preview. Maybe not as bad, but not what was on the screen.

I also printed a test page and it came some of the lines were two colors -- the top half was black and the bottom half was a light blue.

Can anyone tell me if they've had this problem? Should I buy a new printer and if so, can you recommend one? I was looking at a canon brand the MG8120, but I'm not sure. Maybe I should wait until OS X Lion comes out?

Just tried the same thing on my MacBook Pro -- same result -- some of the line were missing. Could it be a problem with the OS? I don't think so, to be honest -- I've had the latest version for a while and no problems before -- unless the new security update I downloaded has something to do with it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's likely a defective ink cartridge. Change both the black and color ink cartridges and see if the problem goes away. I've had the same thing happen several times especially when using refilled or reclaimed ink cartridges.

EDIT: Please do not cross post! You not only placed the original post in the wrong forum, you posted it again in a different forum. Please read forum descriptions and only post your message in one forum. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.