Cueing Tracks in iTunes (what did I just do?)

T

Tel

Usually in iTunes, I just use the search field in my library to find the artist I want, once I want to change albums, I usually just re-search and select another track.

The thing is, I was listening to an album and the last track has about 30 seconds of ambience at the end, I decided to skip that and start listening to another album I just bought, so I typed in the album name, double clicked the first track on the new album and instead of cutting straight to it, it played the rest of the previous track then faded into the new. Call me ignorant, but how in gods name did I just do that? I've tried it a few more times and it just skips straight to the selected track and cuts off the end of the previous... Hmm...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I honestly can not tell you how you did that, sounds interesting... maybe it was just a fluke/bug for that one time only.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You haven't installed any 3rd party crossfade playback hacks have you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
seems to me like the songs are going into party shuffle for some reason....there is an easy way to send songs to party shuffle but i dont remember what it is....

check if party shuffle is on in the general preferences of itunes and then turn it off.
-chris

OP
S

SomaGaze

ctrl + click on a song in the library and you have the following options for party shuffle...

Play song next in party shuffle - this would have done what you described if your first song was playing in party shuffle to begin with. if nothing is playing, or you are playing out a playlist/smart playslist/or library, it will start that new song in party shuffle.

Add to party shuffle - this will add the song to the bottom of the queue for party shuffle.

Think of it this way, "add to party shuffle" makes a list in the order you clicked them, "play next" does the opposite

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.