What's Your Favourite Mac Feature?

Reaction score
Since switching from a PC Laptop to an Apple MacBook - I've not looked back!

For me one of the best features of a Mac is Time Machine! A very simple and effective backup solution that actually works! Very easy to setup and is a life-saver if you delete something you later needed.

What feature of your Mac is your favourite?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
No one favorite just like OSX and iLife.

Reaction score
Definitely the trackpad. Much better than anything I've used on any other laptops - bigger, more responsive and generally easier to use. The magnetic power connector is brilliant too, seeing as most power jack failures on other laptops are due to accidental tugs and pulls damaging the solder joints. Better strain relief would be nice though.

Not a fan of Time Machine due to the proprietary format it uses, in true Apple fashion...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
The glass trackpad and the "everything just works" aspect.

OP
H
Reaction score
osxx - I have to agree with iLife!

It's a fantastic suite of programs and to have it already installed on a new Mac it means that you Mac is ready to do loads of things right out of the box!

iPhoto is simply fantastic and I use it for all my photos!

Reaction score
I agree that Time Machine is an awesome feature. I dropped my MBP about three years ago, and lost the hard drive as a result. Not to worry, though, I ran out to the nearby electronics shop, bought a new one, installed it, and then attempted my first restoration on a Mac from Time Machine. In less than an hour, all my settings, files, and programs were back. Only the Adobe Suite required reinstallation. Everything else was perfect. Total time down: two and a half hours. I'm still impressed by that.

But, ultimately, the best part of OSX, for me, is that it's not Windows. I switched, in part, because I'd grown bored and wanted a system about which I could become excited. Let's face facts, aside from a few chrome changes and the addition of a few utilities, Windows hasn't changed all that much since NT4. When I came to Apple, Leopard was brand new. Snow Leopard didn't introduce huge changes, but then again, it didn't come out 5 years later and cost $400. And now Lion looks to be a game changer - again. I may not agree with some of the proposed changes, but I'm not even thinking about yawning. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Mine is Spot Light, saves me so much time. Very useful for the lazy ones ;).

- Kyle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Mine is Spot Light, saves me so much time. Very useful for the lazy ones ;).

- Kyle

Same here, but going further using Alfred for my spotlight . . .

For me though, im totally impressed with the way everything works seamlessly with there wireless technology . . . . .

Between my old iMac, MBP, Airport Express, ATV2 and iPod Touch from day 1 i have never had a problem, and with the easiest of all easy setups.
Its brilliant, seamless, and functions just as it should.

Wireless me up please :)

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
So many things... how quickly it wakes up from a sleep, time machine, spot light, the fact that I don't need to run an anti-virus program and pay that monthly fee, rock solid stability. Knock on wood - i've spent zero time thus far wrestling with 'fixing' my OS. I've actually enjoyed getting nerdy about computers again - something that had completely disappeared. :) There's nothing more miserable than burning valuable personal hours trying to get your OS back on its feet so you can do what you originally sat down at the computer for. None of that since the switch. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
I'm a big fan of the trackpads, hardware wise. As far as software goes, I don't know if I could pick a favorite at all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OS X for me with Spotlight disabled!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacBook Air 16GB 1TB SSD
Definitely the trackpad. Much better than anything I've used on any other laptops - bigger, more responsive and generally easier to use. The magnetic power connector is brilliant too, seeing as most power jack failures on other laptops are due to accidental tugs and pulls damaging the solder joints. Better strain relief would be nice though.

I could not agree with you more! The track pad was the biggest surprise for me. I struggled with it for a couple of days, but after that I never look back!

Yes, the magnetic power connecter is FIRST RATE.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Drivers. nothing else needs to be said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Unix is my favorite feature. With Mac, I get a Unix box I can do work on, yet not have to mess with little bits here and there to make it fun or friendly. I do enough of that with Linux and AIX at work and have other hobbies now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Trackpad, expose & spaces, and an OS that doesn't give you unnecessary, redundant information with dialog box upon dialog box asking you to confirm what you have already told it to do once like Windows. A computer is a tool to be productive and communicate with other people, not something I want to have a conversation with. Other than the 'Installation wizard' none of the other 'wizard' on Windows ever solved any of my problems, user default.

Favorite features from a Mac, is it made me realized how badly I've been having it with Windows for years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML
I love how everything works together. Time machine is great. And I like the genius bar if I have a problem, which is rare.

Reaction score
Booting up in 38 seconds. :) Ok so I've only had my first mac, an iMac, for almost 2 months. The fact that I can be up and running less than a minute after pressing the power button is awesome.

Reaction score
Everything working all of the time, no slowdown, no crashes, multiple keyboard commands (I have numerous programs that make use of this), and Alfred(spotlight).

Having great battery life is awesome as well. I'm using an old 08 Blackbook myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2011 27" imac Core i5 2.7GHz, 8GB, 1TB
Time Machine, gives me huge peace of mind, set and forget

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.