audio, keyboard and trackpad not working on vista sp2

Reaction score
my macbook's audio( just an X mark on the audio), keyboard and trackpad are not working. although when i switch to leopard and/or BIOS they are still working
i already tried reinstalling bootcamp. updating the driver and scans for any hardware changes. and even used driver scanner (although i think this is where the problem began)

is there a way to fix this?

thnx

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like you didn't install the drivers that you need. Did you insert your Leopard DVD after Vista booted up for the first time? Drivers are installed automatically from the Leopard DVD.

OP
G
Reaction score
yep i installed them. i think the problem started after using uniblue driver scanner

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try uninstalling the Uniblue driver scanner to see what happens. If it's causing the problem it may be that it installed some incorrect drivers. You'll have to find them and remove them.

Or you can open the hardware tree, right click on the problem hardware, (audio, keyboard, trackpad) select properties, and then select "roll back driver".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.