Paste Issue in Powerpoint

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a MacBook and am using the newest version of Powerpoint on it. I have found that when I copy text from something, like a webpage (I use Chrome), it won't paste into the Powerpoint. It works in Word, but not Powerpoint. When I try and paste, the little clipboard icon shows up, but no text.
Any suggestions?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Odd. If you click on the clipboard icon what does it say? I just did a test copy and paste of your post (from Safari) into PP and it worked fine. The formatting is always a crapshoot - but the text makes it with no troubles.

Maybe your font is the same color as your background? The clipboard icon popping up to me implies that it pasted something. Try right clicking - and paste special to see if you can find your text.

OP
L
Reaction score
When I did paste special it worked. Seeing the clipboard was odd to me too since it seemed like something was pasted. When I click on the clipboard icon it gave me the standard Keep source formatting, Use destination theme, Keep text only options.
Thanks for your help!

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.