Remote Desktop a Mac on a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I am a PC users and would like to be able to use Remote Desktop or a similar utility to control/use a Mac.

I know it can be done the other way around, but haven't been able to find anything about driving the Mac via the PC.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
OP
C
Reaction score
That definitely does what I am looking for, is there a no cost or lower cost solution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
VNC is also a viable solution. You would enable VNC access in the Remote Management setting and configure a password. For the Windows client, I've found that TightVNC seems to work well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Macbook Pro mid 2010, OS X 10.6.7, Core 2 Duo, 4gb RAM, 250gb HDD
Teamviewer for me is the best, but depending on how many access you do, you`ll be flagged as a commercial user and it sometimes don`t even work. happens to me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Another +1 for logmein.com

Most robust, secure, cross-platform remote tool I've used. But that's just me.

I've used the other suggestions on here too, they all work well but I always end up back using logmein

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Just to be clear - on a Local Area network RDC, CoRD, VNC, all work well. To access a computer from the internet takes setup with these protocols - usually a dynamic DNS, plus port forwarding.

VNC is probably the easiest for local access to a Mac from a PC.
I also agree - tightvnc is what I use on windows to access a Mac
Download TightVNC
Setup the Mac for access
Mac OS X 10.6 Help: Sharing your screen with other computer users

For WAN/from the internet access, Logmein and Teamviewer do all the heavy lifting of getting to and from your internal network. I have not use Logmein so I cannot comment on features. Teamviewer does have a local option - so it works without having to go off your internal network.

Lastly if your computers are sitting near each other - there is a Keyboard/Mouse switcher called Synergy+ that allows you to use 1 mouse and keyboard across multiple machines. Each still needs it's own display.
synergy-plus - Synergy lets you share a mouse and keyboard between several computers. - Google Project Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.