Good Mice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 inch iMac 3.06 i3 8GB RAM 500gb HDD
So after using the magic mouse for long periods of time, it starts to hurt my hand, I cannot get a nice grip on it. I have been recommended many mice but have come to 3 different options. Please bear in mind that I do like to play games on my mac e.g. L4D2 Addict.

Logitech MX Revolution

Razer Deathadder

Logitech G500

Any experiences with these mice? Do they come with Mac Drivers?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The best thing to do is just go to a store and test them out to see how they feel in your hand. I personally don't like a mouse that is too light… a little bit of weight to it feels better. I also have a really large hand so that plays a huge factor in comfort. Ultimately you are using it and you are the best judge of what feels right.

As for drivers, Logitech and Razer both have Mac software, although I use USB Overdrive to extend the functionality of my mouse buttons to a greater degree across various apps in OS X. Logitech's software I've found in the past to be useless, even buggy iirc. You likely won't need anything if you just want to custom program your buttons for a game… the game itself should handle all that. OS X otherwise will recognize all your buttons as they are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I had 2 Logitech MX Revs. They both worked great for about a year then started failing. When they worked, they were awesome.

But I can't recommend them or Logitech's drivers. Logitech's drivers are about as useful as a monkey flinging poo.

Current mouse is a Microsoft Wireless 4000 mouse since I decided I didn't really need 17 buttons since I've been using the trackpad more. Just need enough buttons for games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
I too have an Mx Revolution, and its great for games. But I have been looking into Razor mice because they are so well made. Also the Mx Revolution is wireless, which means there is a slight delay from the game recognizing that you have moved the mouse. It is really your preference in mice. I would recommend the Mx, because I have it and I like it.

Edit: The Mx does come with drivers.

- Kyle

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.