Icons and screen flipping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OSX 10.7.3: MBP 15" Early 2011 2.0GHz i7, 8GB, 500GB 5400RPM
Hi!
So far so good with the MBP after a couple of weeks. Couple of things I cannot figure out and grateful for some help:
1. There is an icon for mobileme next to my Time Machine icon. I don't use it and would like to delete/hide it. When I click in it very are limited options mainly to do with signing up for a free trial!
2. I feel a bit dumb about this one:Blushing: In Chrome or Mail when I have more than one window open I cannot find an easy way to switch windows other than going to the window drop down menu. Is there a way of doing this using the trackpad?
Many thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3/11 17" MBP 8g/500 Glossy, IPod Touch 4thgen 8gig, 32Gig Verizon 3G + WiFi IPadII
For switching windows, try the little half button above the 3. Very cool, I like it and use it often.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
1. I think you mean the Dock icon, right click it and choose "Remove from Dock"
2. Sure command+` (The ` it the one left of the 1 key) There's also command+tab. And depending if you have it enabled in System Preferences>Trackpad>"Swipe up and down for expose"

EDIT:
1. Or maybe you mean the icon on the menubar at the top of the screen. Hold down command and click drag it off, let go of the mouse and it should poof and be gone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Try better touch tool - I set Expose and Sort and Application Expose to 4 finger swipe Down and Up respectively. BTT gives you more option for Expose (among other commands)
Great Tools For Your Mac By Andreas Hegenberg » BetterTouchTool, BetterSnapTool & SecondBar

Or you can use F3 - for Expose (as mentioned before) or Ctrl-F3 for Application Expose

Are you talking about the iDisk icon in the sidebar of finder? (that also asks you to sign up for mobileme) You can disable that in Finder -> Preferences -> sidebar -> uncheck idisk.

OP
Pigstick
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So far so good!

Thanks guys!

Problem 1 solved - sorry for my poor terminology. I used control + trackpad to drag it into the trash - RIP nasty icon!

Problem 2 I am still grappling with. In Chrome when I have say two open tabs I can use CTRL + TAB to cycle through them. Can I set up the trackpad to do a similar role? The four finger system seems to switch between applications rather than within? Within Mail the CTRL + TAB does not seem to work but I can use F3 to pick a window, can I set the trackpad to do this?

Many thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Ah - if they are tabbed then yes you cannot use expose. Better touch tool allows you to set any hotkey to any gesture - so you could set something like 5 finger swipe left/right to switch tabs. You could also set a key/gesture combo. So I use 3 finger swipe up/down with ctrl key to go to spaces/dashboard - while plain 3 finger swipe is pgup/pgdown. Anyway btt is highly configurable so try it to see if you like it.

OP
Pigstick
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Better Touch Tool

Awesome, downloaded Better Touch Tool and now a 3 finger swipe moves me between tabs in Chrome. And if I turn it off I go back to the defaults. Lots of potential to totally confuse myself over what swipes and fingers do what now!:)
Thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.