Mac RAID Backup box Also TimeMachine

Reaction score
Hi all a friend of mine has bought one of these...

ONNTO Corporation

Its an Onnto RS-M4QO DataTale™ 4-Bay RAID System which runs via firewire to his Mac. It is setup in Raid 0 +1 Mode and has been setup in time machine. What he also wants to do is use it for backing up his Iphotos Library as he is a graphical designer and his IPhoto library is about 30GB. How can I set it up for him so when he adds files or edits files to the IPhoto library on his local pc it also synchronises and replicates the same on the RAID box for backup.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks

cheekycharly ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi all a friend of mine has bought one of these...

ONNTO Corporation

Its an Onnto RS-M4QO DataTale™ 4-Bay RAID System which runs via firewire to his Mac. It is setup in Raid 0 +1 Mode and has been setup in time machine. What he also wants to do is use it for backing up his Iphotos Library as he is a graphical designer and his IPhoto library is about 30GB. How can I set it up for him so when he adds files or edits files to the IPhoto library on his local pc it also synchronises and replicates the same on the RAID box for backup.

If he's already using it for Time Machine, then it already should be backing up every hour. Or does he want to do this from a computer different from the Mac it is connected to?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.