developer videos hangs itunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MacBook Pro 2.3 i5
Hi,

Wasn't sure if to post here or in ios section. I just recently bought my macbook and is my first apple product and been good so far. I registered to be an apple developer and tried to access the videos to learn about xcode etc but each time it just hangs itunes and I have to force close it each time. I also clicked on the option to view all videos in itunes, this loads the main page into itunes but if I click on a particular section it again hangs itunes. Not sure if this is a known issue or not? I've checked to see if if there is an update to itunes but it says I have the current version.

Bit annoying as wanting to watch the videos to learn about ios but can't :(

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Try deleting the four iTunes .plist files found at user/library/preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist. The four have different iTunes filenames. They will automatically rebuild to default configuration when you restart iTunes. Also download and run Onyx to repair permissions and generally clean everything up.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MacBook Pro 2.3 i5
hi vegas, done as you said but was still doing the same. done it again and this time also removed itunes and after rebooting i reinstalled itunes. tried again but still hanged. tried one final time and this time i just left itunes alone when it hanged, after around a minute it then moved onto the videos which allowed me to download. so does work but means i have to leave it alone for a minute before it allows me to download the videos.

thanks for the help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.