Anticipation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 3.4 GHz i7, 8 GB Ram, SSD + HDD, Radeon HD 6970M 2GB,
Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered a 27" iMac from Apple.com. I upgraded to the 3.4GHz i7 and some other upgrades. My horror: The estimated ship date says July 14th! Is there any hope that they are underestimating their supply lines and I might get it any sooner?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
My MBP shipped 4 days early and arrived in Tucson the next day.

DO || ! $DO ; try - try: command not found

C

chas_m

Customized machines take longer, but yes that ship date will probably change.

OP
OldJedi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I hope so. 6 weeks seems like a long pipeline to me.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Wow. Hopefully you get it a little sooner. I ordered mine the day the iMac refresh came - and it took about 4 days or so before it shipped. Interestingly - it shipped from California - not China - like my MBP did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
You will probably get it much sooner perhaps even with Lion pre-installed.

Reaction score
I've discovered that making impatient phone calls to your local Apple Store can yield interesting results.

Reaction score
I've discovered that making impatient phone calls to your local Apple Store can yield interesting results.
Do they always ship them from the Apple Store? I would think that for customized machines (or stock) they would ship them from a warehouse somewhere as, from what I've seen, Apple stores are always full and they might want to keep as many machines in stock as possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Do they always ship them from the Apple Store? I would think that for customized machines (or stock) they would ship them from a warehouse somewhere as, from what I've seen, Apple stores are always full and they might want to keep as many machines in stock as possible.
They ship direct from the manufacturing facility in China, at least this has always been my experience.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
They ship direct from the manufacturing facility in China, at least this has always been my experience.

That's where my iPad and BTO 2011 MBP came from. My BTO iMac shipped from California oddly enough. But who knows - maybe they had stockpiled some in the states for the refresh launch.

OP
OldJedi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Has anyone heard news of any ship dates for the new 27" iMac? My order status still says July 14th. I assume it will come with OS X 10.7 (Lion), but that is an assumption.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
When I ordered my i27 they quoted me about five weeks for delivery. I had ordered upgrades to the machine. I actually received it two and a half weeks after ordering. So keep your chin up. It may just be an Apple strategy to cover themselves.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.