Browser rage

Reaction score
I am having endless problems with browsers. Safari is like a snail and Chrome which has been relatively OK is now constantly freezing to the point where it is becoming impossible. Is there a way to find out if there is a conflict or any other suggestions.

In fact I am thorougly sick of browsers. I gave up on FireFox because it was slow and started using Chrome about a year ago which has been ok until this past few weeks. Running latest OS and everything is up to date. I installed a couple of new applications which I have since uninstalled but the problem persists

Thank you:Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
have you done any TLC on your mac

Firstly try running Disk Utility and doing a disk check and a permissions repair before blaming every browser out their for performance issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
have you done any TLC on your mac

Firstly try running Disk Utility and doing a disk check and a permissions repair before blaming every browser out their for performance issues

Exactly!
Safari is running just fine for me. It's not the browser(s).

OP
K
Reaction score
Yes just run Disk Utility. And by the way I think after using computers since the Osborne days and the start of PCs plus the internet since 1995 and going through all the browsers on a range of laptops , desktops - MACS, PCSs - i think I am in a position to make valid critical comments about browsers crashing and overall performance. And as for Safari, it has always been a disappointment in performance from the day one.

Thank you for the assistance - most helpful indeed. This is probably the last time I come here as each time the response is so arrogant and bolshi.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Don't be like that.

Do you use Onyx to run cleaning and maintenance chores?

Do you use antivirus software?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.