Cant update Software

Reaction score
Hi

I recently restored my macbook with the disks supplied (had it about 4 years and just wanted to start from fresh), i tried to update the software using check for updates. The status bar gets about a quarter of the way across and just stays there, ive left it over night just to make it wasnt just a lengthy update but still sits on one quarter of the way across

I now cant use the machine with itunes as needs newer version of the MAC OS

Any help is really appreciated

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What spec is your Macbook, and what version OS are you running?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro 2010 13 inch
my macbook pro did the same thing. i tried it again and it worked. sometimes the server gets hung up i think

OP
C
Reaction score
Its Leopard O S X not sure what version, one from 4 years ago im guessing now ive wiped it (thats when I bought it) its one of the little white mac books

Tried again last night, it just seems to hang on "configuring installation"

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go to the Apple web site and download the OS X.5.8 Combo Updater. It is 759MB and here is the link. After installing run Repair Permissions:-

Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.