• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

help with installing flash

Reaction score
I have been going literally in circles trying to install Flash, which incidentally was working up to four days ago. The only thing I have installed since then is Mackeeper however, I'm not sure that this is correlated or not. I have searched the web for help. I've cleared caches, closed safari, I've downloaded the wretched file from adobe 40 times no exaggeration! It tells me that it has been successfully installed (but it cannot be found on my computer). I have uninstalled, cleared caches again, rebooted, downloaded again, installed and to be told that I need flash player to look at a video or listen to my favourite radio station.
I'm not quite entering into paranoia.. but. I've only had my mac for 8months and I'm not a teckkie or a geek or else i wouldn't be asking such banal questions:)
Could someone help. I did try to follow a thread similar but couldn't work out if there was actually a solution as the argument moved on to ipads which obviously isn't my problem. I have a MacPro with the following
MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0
if that's any help?
Cheers:Blushing:

C

chas_m

Welcome to Flash!!

Chances are that you've installed Flash (and then uninstalled it) 40 times, but your flash-blocker (like ClickToFlash, et al) is fighting with your ability to see Flash. Turn off ALL extensions to Safari (easily done in the preferences), reinstall Flash (it is installed as a component, not an application, so it will not show up in searches) and go here to see if you've successfully installed it.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks Ill give it a try. At the moment I've switched to Firefox and everything is working. I'll see if it's working with Safari in the next few days or I'll try out your suggestion.
Cheers:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.