Newbies to Macbook Pro, and problem with iPhoto.

Reaction score
Dear all,

Greetings everyone :)

I just bought my Macbook Pro 1 month+ ago and now I'm getting used to it, as I'm used to be a window user for many years. Many new things of Mac I'm learning now and starting to learn now as well :)

1 question, I'm using iPhoto to upload my photos to Facebook. After uploaded in my FB (success uploading), I'll delete those photos in my iPhoto folders (Last Import or Last 12 Months folders). The problem is those photos that I just uploaded to my Facebook will disappear (I can said it as deleted too) as well. (The same photos that I uploaded to FB, and the same photos I deleted) I wanted to know what's happening, do I need to set anything to prevent it from deleting from my FB? Pls help! Thank you :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML
Yes. You need to keep the pictures on iPhoto. iPhoto and Facebook sync. If you don't want to keep your pics in iPhoto, then export them to a folder on your desktop (or anywhere else you want to keep it) and upload them to Facebook from there. Then you can delete them from iPhoto and your new folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 11inch, Ipod touch 8gigs 4th+Iphone 3GS, Ipod nano 1.1
i guess it wont delete after all....after you upload photos in facebook completely there is no chance that it will delete them....

either u may be not completely uploading them,....

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
i guess it wont delete after all....after you upload photos in facebook completely there is no chance that it will delete them....

either u may be not completely uploading them,....

I believe it will in fact behave as the OP has described. To the OP you'll need to turn of the Facebook sync or keep those photos as you arranged them in iPhoto. iPhoto is letting you basically set up your photo albums locally - and then syncing all your changes to Facebook. If you delete a photo from that photo album - it will make the correlating change to your album on FB. I don't use iPhoto but Aperture has a similar feature. I ended up turning that off - as it is slightly buggy - it will erase captions on FB which was irritating.

Would be nice if Apple would release an updated version of this capability.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes. You need to keep the pictures on iPhoto. iPhoto and Facebook sync. If you don't want to keep your pics in iPhoto, then export them to a folder on your desktop (or anywhere else you want to keep it) and upload them to Facebook from there. Then you can delete them from iPhoto and your new folder.

Oh! You mean when I sync my iPhone to my Mac, instead of import them to my iphoto folder, I import to another folder? Can I import it to my hard disk, and then I'll use iPhoto to sync those photos from my hard disk to FB?
Thank you very much for you advise! :)

C

chas_m

Hi Jessica!

If you delete the photos out of iPhoto, Facebook will (eventually, perhaps not immediately) delete them from Facebook as well -- because the album you made in iPhoto and the one on Facebook are synced together. The solution is to keep the photos in iPhoto (that's what iPhoto is for, actually!).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.