Logic Pro won't open Garageband files?

Reaction score
I have started a project in GB, and wish to master it in LP, but it gets stuck while loading. Albeit there are about 20 tracks in GB, but it just stays in the "Microphasing" phase. Fifteen minutes later, I have no choice but to "force quit".

r2191g.jpg

And yes, I'm a lifetime Windows user, so please help a Macnoob out. I bought this computer solely for music production, so this is a bit disheartening. By the way, I'm using Logic Pro 9 and Garageband '08. I searched Google but couldn't find any compatibility issue with the two, which explains why I'm here asking you fine people.

Specs:
10.5.8 (must I have a different version of OS X?)
Dual 2GHz PPC G5 (must I require an intel-based system?)
2.5 GB DDR2 (must I upgrade my DDR2?)
Logic Pro 9 (must I downgrade to Logic Pro 8?)
Garageband '08 (can't use Garageband '11 on PPC)

I just don't know. Thanks in advance if you have the answer. I will be forever grateful. :)

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
10.5.8 (must I have a different version of OS X?)
Dual 2GHz PPC G5 (must I require an intel-based system?)
2.5 GB DDR2 (must I upgrade my DDR2?)
Logic Pro 9 (must I downgrade to Logic Pro 8?)
Garageband '08 (can't use Garageband '11 on PPC)

It is nothing to do with the hardware you are using, its purely a software error. also, it wont be because you are using particular versions.

First i would go into Disk Utility, and repair permissions on the start up volume.

If that doesnt fix it, I would go into Garageband and turn off whatever "microphaser" is (either a effect or a synth, turn it off) and re save the project somewhere else and try to open the newly saved version in Logic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.