bootcamp driver problems

Reaction score
Hello all

Here is the problem I am having and hope someone can help.

I installed Windows 7 on my Macbookpro with 10.6.7 software. I used bootcamp and the installation went fine, it is a licenced copy. However after I installed I tried to install the drivers from my original Mac software disk #1, however Windows does not recognize DVDs in the drive so that does not work... tried everything and it just says 0 bytes on the DVD.

So then I figured ok I will just install the drivers from the apple website, however they don't have the drivers available, and searched the net for 1 hr with no luck. So here I am stuck with no sound, video, camera etc....

I have not found any other thread that talks about this so I am posting this one.

Thanks for reading

;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Pop in your Snow Leopard disc and it will install drivers from there. There is no need to physically install the drivers as this should happen automatically with the disc in the drive. Maybe you need disc two? Sometimes Applications and Extras are included on disc two.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply

All I got with the Mac is one DVD... I bought it brand new from apple. The problem is that it doesn't read the DVD in Windows 7. When I am running Snow leopard there is not problem reading the C.D. I guess what I really need are the drivers... Does anyone know where to get them???:Smirk:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have a brand new 2011 MacBook Pro? If so, you should have downloaded an image from Apple that will create a driver disk to use. The Snow Leopard disk you have will not work.

When you ran the Boot Camp assistant, didn't it tell you that you would need to download the driver set image from Apple?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Do you have a brand new 2011 MacBook Pro? If so, you should have downloaded an image from Apple that will create a driver disk to use. The Snow Leopard disk you have will not work.

When you ran the Boot Camp assistant, didn't it tell you that you would need to download the driver set image from Apple?

chscag, do they no longer put the drivers on the DVD? I know my Snow Leopard Retail DVD has the drivers and reads just fine in windows.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys.... Ok so yes you were right!! There was a second disc in the box, somehow it slipped behind the cardboard in the box and wasn't visible, weird... Anyways I put in the Leopard disc and sure enough it started to install the drivers, it made it almost to the end and then the screen went blue (the type of blue when windows crashes) and I had to restart.... I rebooted and tried again, sure enough blue screen and crash, tried a 3rd time and the same.... So then I checked to see if the drivers were installed and sure enough they all were (no yellow question marks in Device manager) GREAT!! However the sound doesn't work.... I have the little speaker logo in bottom right corner and when sound is playing you can see the bars going up and down, but dangit you can't hear nothing!! Tried a bunch of things and no luck.

I know I am not the first person this happened to, and read some of the other forms but my problem is a bit different.....

Help anyone?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
chscag, do they no longer put the drivers on the DVD? I know my Snow Leopard Retail DVD has the drivers and reads just fine in windows.

Sorry about getting back late on this one. For some reason it slipped past me.

The newer MBP and iMac machines (Early and Mid 2011) need newer Windows drivers which unfortunately are not included on the Snow Leopard DVD that ships with the machine. My new iMac is in this category. In order to setup Boot Camp, I would need to download them from Apple. Also, the newer machines can not run XP as it is not supported. Only Vista and Win 7. Which is one reason why I don't have Windows running on the iMac, only on my MacBook.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hey

Ok that message helped!!! Got the sound working with newer drivers... Great!! Now I need to get video working in msn messenger, says I don't have a webcam..... I have a late model 2010 macbook pro.... Device manager says video drivers are fine.... Can't see any new drivers for this in apple support, any suggestions on this? Or a link with updated drivers... I have 10.6.7.... Thanks alot

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.