HELP! KB & Mouse PrefPane missing!!

M

Mainyehc

Hey!! I just plugged in my new Mighty Mouse and installed its software, and guess what? My "Keyboard and Mouse" preference pane is... well, missing!when I click once on its icon, the "System Preferences" titlebar changes its name to "Loading Keyboard and Mouse...", but it just hangs in there... No SBOD, no nothing, it just stays still, unchanged. If I click once more, it indeed loads the PrefPane, but it's just... plain, and blank... and pinstriped :( No tabs, no text, no pictures, no nothing

This also means my Keyboard tab was rendered useless... cool... And now, even though my Mighty Mouse works just fine, even with exposé and dashboard assigned to the side buttons and scroll wheel (meaning the driver is working just fine!), I can't adjust the tracking sensitivity or activate the right click anyway!

I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.2, as required, and I've installed the packed in drivers and Prefpane (supposedly)... It screwed up my System Preferences. Now what? I've already tried reparing disk permissions, and reinstalling the drivers, to no avail.

By the way, I was using a Macmice's The Mouse, with MouseCommand v11... But I uninstalled it before installing the Mighty Mouse's software! I don't know that went wrong... Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
First, just try a simple reboot.
If that doesn't help, uninstall the software, and so a search to ensure that all traces of the software are eliminated.(trashing prefs, etc)
Then reboot again, and then reinstall the software.
If that doesn't help, then boot from your install CD and run a disk repair.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
We had this issue with our iBook at work: a permission repair & reboot seemed to flush it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.