Bluetooth audio streaming

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Which macbook and which version of OS X? From what I've read - A2DP is supported by 10.5 and above.

OP
Skowey
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Macbook Pro running 10.6.7

I'll check out A2DP right now. Thanks.

Reaction score
Belkin bluetooth music receiver not pairing with MacBook Pro (latest model)

Is it possible to stream audio from my macbook via the Belkin bluetooth reciever? ( Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver F8Z492ttP )

Or would anyone happen to know of any other products I could use to accomplish this?

I notice that there's no answer for this person's question.

I have the same problem. The Belkin has paired successfully with my 3GS phone, but the Macbook Pro doesn't see it at all.

Has anyone had success or failure with it?

Can anyone tell mehow to identify the bluetooth address, if that's what I have to do?

Can someone please tell me what a trackback is?

Thanks - this is my first posting.

C

chas_m

Trackback doesn't have anything to do with the topic, so forget about that for now.

All modern Macs going back quite some ways support stereo Bluetooth audio streaming. That's how Bluetooth headphones work.

You'll want to check with Belkin about what's needed for your particular receiver and whether it's Mac compatible. There's no reason it shouldn't be.

Reaction score
Thanks chas_m. I found out that I had to unpair the iPhone before the ac would see the Belkin. It's working a treat now!

Now - what IS backtracking?!

C

chas_m

Backtracking is what politicians and other liars do. A lot. :)

Trackback is a special URL, usually given out by bloggers, that allows them to notice when you quote them on your own blog. Think of it as a very awkward cookie. :)

Reaction score
bluetooth headphones & Lion

I am having a problem with some bluetooth headphones and my laptop. I have a PowerBook G4, older MacBook Pro & new MacBook Pro that I would like to pair with a GoGroove SolaceAIR. It pairs quickly and works great with my iPad(1), but when trying to use with 10.4 or 10.4 it doesn't even see it, and with Lion it sees it, pairs, then says it is not connected! Repeated the try to pair, and it repeatedly does the same thing. Manufacturer says the A2DP isn't supported directly in laptops (but surprisingly is in windows). I found a link for a work around using terminal, but don't feel comfortable hacking my system. Any suggestions? Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.