HP LJ 1020 and Mac OSX Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Several years ago I had an HP LJ1020 running on my MacBook Pro. I swapped this printer out for an Ethernet connected LJ printer but a few weeks ago the HP LJ 1020 was given back to me. It still works and it came back with 2 full cartridges go I gave it to my son who also has a MacBook.

There doesn't seem to be an HP 1020 printer driver available for Mac OSX and I can't for the life of me remember what I used to make it work back then.....most probably because of old age!

I've found an HP LJ 1022 driver for Mac OSX but I don't know whether it can be used.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance - Garoolgan

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are no OS X drivers for the 1020. It seems this was a Windows only printer, however, some folks have claimed they could get it to work somewhat by using the open printer drivers for the 1022. You can give that a try if you wish. Download the drivers from here.

OP
Garoolgan
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice chsag. We've managed to get it going.... and it runs very well not even taking into consideration its' age!
Garoolgan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.