RAM upgrade for iMac & iBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" PB G4 1.67GHz DL
first off, sorry if this has been threaded before. I'll order a G5 17" iMac 2.0 GHz and a G4 12" iBook 1.33 GHz soon and just wanna make sure that the RAM is compatible.

1. as for the iMac, would this stick work fine for the iMac?

2. as for the iBook, this one ? my iBook model isn't listed on the site although I got there using the RAM configurator. more specifically, apple states (in the iBook manual) only using PC2100, but this one is PC2700... here , however, they say that the built-in memory is PC2700 :confused:

also, is OWC a good, reliable vendor?

thanks in advance for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
1. Yes.

2. Yes. The new 12" G4 1.33 iBook uses PC2700 memory.

You can always doublecheck a site's recommendation by using the memory configurators at www.crucial.com or www.pny.com/configurator.

I made my first purchase from OWC a few weeks ago, at the suggestion of some people in this forum and the director of technology for my kids' school district. My experience was great: everything was exactly as advertised, and my order showed up the next day (that probably had something to do with the fact that OWC is only about 45 minutes from where I am :).

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.