• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Keynote to iMovie size problem

Reaction score
Hi there
I've created a slideshow in Keynote '09 and then exported it using QuickTime in "full quality, large" with recorded timing. Everything looks fine after exporting.

Then when I import the slideshow into iMovie '09, the tops and bottoms of the slides are cut off. Why is that and how can I fix that please?

Thanks
Francina

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I think you need to change the Aspect Ratio in iMovie>File>Project Properties. As a matter of interest, why do you need to put it in iMovie?

OP
F
Reaction score
I want it in iMovie because I can't fade out the sound in Keynote and it abruptly cuts off - very unprofessional. In iMovie I can do this.

C

chas_m

Actually, I think the issue is probably rooted in Keynote.

Go back to your original Keynote slideshow, and in the Inspector in the first tab (the document settings), change the aspect of the slideshow to 720x480 or as near to that as possible. You may want to review the resized slides to make sure nothing important is cut off. THEN export to a movie, and set your iMovie project for standard 4:3 aspect ratio.

If you are making a widescreen or HD project, then revise the Keynote slide specs to 1280x720 and export. Choose "16:9" as your iMovie project aspect ratio.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I want it in iMovie because I can't fade out the sound in Keynote and it abruptly cuts off
OK. It's just an extra step, and it probably won't look as good/sharp. What is the sound that you want to fade out? Is it a sound file that you've added, or a video clip? You could put either into Garageband, fade the sound and then put it into Keynote.

OP
F
Reaction score
Hi guys
Thanks so much for the help and suggestions - much appreciated. Will let you know if it worked.
Take care
Francina

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.