Mac Must Have ?

Reaction score
I am guessing this may have been a previous topic of discussion, but I am brand new to the forum. I got my mac book pro back in December and love it.

I am just wondering for those who have a bit more experience in Mac what would you all recommend as some must have software ?

Hope all and one are having a good day ;D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I moved your thread over to the Switcher Hangout, since it really doesn't belong in our "off topic" forum.

You are correct, this topic has been discussed many times before and a quick search should yield some great discussions from the past. Additionally just Googling the terms "must have Mac apps" should yield a wealth of information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.26 8GB RAM 500GBhdd, iPhone 4, and iPad
quicksilver is pretty much the best
program I have ever used in my life.

always my first install whenever I get a new apple..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
quicksilver is pretty much the best
program I have ever used in my life.

always my first install whenever I get a new apple..

Was the same Brun Loved it until i found Alfred. . . Dont know why but this App is just beautiful to work with and highly customisable . . . .

C

chas_m

As it says in my essay (link below in my signature), try getting familiar with the things that come on your Mac first. You might be quite surprised by how much power and functionality is already at your command.

The best suggestions we can make for third-party software will come when you identify a specific need that Apple's built-in stuff doesn't cover.

Reaction score
Alfred, MenuMeters, Caffiene, Firefox/Chrome, OmmWriter, uTorrent, Microsoft Office, Bean (for smaller documents), and Fluid.

You should definitely check those out. I've spent hours upon hours customizing and tweaking my macbook and turning it into a very, very productive machine. You should definitely look into Expose and Spaces, those are built into the OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.