cmd + i on multiply items.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had a little annoying problem. I was browsing my iTunes folder when I saw I had allot of .tmp files. I wanted to know how much space they take on my HD, so I selected 20 of them and hit cmd + i. Now all the information of those 20 folders pop up... is their a way to know how big those files are all together and not separately. In windows you could select multiple items and show the information of those items all together.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Select the items, right click on one of them, then press the Option key. "Get Info" will turn into "Show Inspector" which will you show you the total size of the selected items.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You can do this just as easily on a Mac. Select the items you want information on then press command, option, i simultaneously.. Doesn't have to be capital I the iPad just insists on putting it that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.