• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie capability?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to make a presentation video of a piece of software.
The video should be sent to potential collaborators.

For the video I got the following data;
1. Some small clips showing features of the program (recorded in 1080p with iShowU HD).
2. The sound (Speak that fits the small clips from step 1).
3. Bullet Points to be displayed (When the bullet points appear the picture have to be blurred behinde the bulletpoints).

Will iMovie could handle this job?

Comments, experiences and questions are welcome!

Best,

C

chas_m

iMovie could handle 1 and 2 no problem. 3 you'd have to do in some other program.

I would make slides in, say, Keynote, export them as JPGs, open them in a graphics program (almost anything from Live Quartz to Photoshop would do), blur the background, save, bring them into iMovie as stills (you can set how long they need to be on screen.

OP
P
Reaction score
iMovie could handle 1 and 2 no problem. 3 you'd have to do in some other program.

I would make slides in, say, Keynote, export them as JPGs, open them in a graphics program (almost anything from Live Quartz to Photoshop would do), blur the background, save, bring them into iMovie as stills (you can set how long they need to be on screen.

Really good idea:) I'll try to make it that way!

Have a good day!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Actually, you can probably do the whole thing in Keynote. Here's a screen shot of one of mine. The video is playing in the top left hand corner, the white text appears as the people speak the words, and the red text is there all the time.

Screenshot2011-05-23at1614.jpg

OP
P
Reaction score
Cool! I'll try keynote and see if it goes. Thanks for the good feedback on this post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Sorry, I should have said that the Keynote was exported to Quicktime.

OP
P
Reaction score
Ahh okay cool. So it's a MOV file, that can be uploaded for ex to youtube.com..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, but I think that you'll have to use the Fixed Timings rather than Manual Advance for Youtube and that could mean some fiddling withe the timings offered in the Export box.

OP
P
Reaction score
I have a friend that will try to help me with Final Cut :) That program got skills.. :p

But have play a little with iMovie today.. It's nice for small productions!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.