iMac for video editing

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a iMac I've just bought a hd camera and my old dell computer doesn't like hd files and It finds moviemaker hard to run so was thinking off upgrading to a iMac 21.5-inch 2.5GHz i5 is this a good pc for video editing I want to start using adobe products I've used after effects and Sony Vegas and now I want to start learning more so will this iMac be any good

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Yes, it will be fine. You'll have to stop calling it a pc though. :) :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
It's still a Personal Computer MightyGem.

To the OP, it will do great for video editing, even comes with iMove which you can use to edit your videos.

OP
Reaction score
?

Ok I've just been looking on adobe and I would like to get after effects cs5.5 is this iMac still going to be good with this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
the iMac will be fine. before you spend the cash for CS5.5, try the default tools for a few weeks and see if you really require CS5.5. I am still sitting on CS3 in my Win7 Bootcamp and it works perfectly. I have Aperture (dont buy when you get the computer, get it through the app store instead for a $120 difference.)

And the whole "PC" vernacular? Really, still arguing over that? A PC is only a Personal Computer. OS does not define PC, especially since I am sitting here, right now, on a 17" 2011 MBP running windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS, natively.

C

chas_m

+1 to what Deckyon said. Give iMovie a spin -- it's a wholly new approach to video editing, but once I understood that in my head I was in love with it. It's a terrific consumer video editor that completely leaves Windows MovieMaker in the dust. BE SURE to check out the video tutorials for iMovie on Apple's website, MAN do I wish those had been there when I was learning it.

If you find that you need something more or different than what iMovie offers, download the trials for Final Cut Express and Adobe Premiere Pro and check em out. Both great programs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.