MacBook Pro 2010 15" won't boot for anything

Reaction score
Last night I was just messing around on my computer, think I was just on these forums actually, and my MBP shut down suddenly. I kinda freaked out, and thought I broke it, then noticed that the power cord fell out, so I assumed it must have died. I plugged it back in, and turned it on.

Press the power button
Makes boot sound
Screen turns gray
After a few seconds, the entire screen goes bright yellow
Apple logo on back is lit up, sleep mode light lit up constantly
Keyboard lights don't light up
Mouse plugged into usb lights up
Nothing else happens

I've tried booting into verbose mode, safe mode, single user mode, and using the disk that came with the computer, while holding C. If I do any of these things, then the screen will never go yellow, but just stays gray, doing nothing else.

Help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try booting from your startup recovery DVD whole holding down the OPTION key instead of C. Also try resetting the SMC. See this LINK.

If it still won't start, it may be time to take it on in to Apple and have it looked at. Is the machine under warranty or Apple care?

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for responding chscag. I tried that a few times, to no avail. I do have Apple Care, but was hoping I could get it fixed without having to take a 2 hour long drive, but I guess that's my only option now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.