I made the switch to a Mac tonight, I like it...

1hot5.0

Hello everyone. I am a new user and just registered on the forums tonight. I also switched to a Mac tonight. I purchased a Powerbook G4. I honestly could not be happier.

I am a student majoring in computer science, and I have been involved with computers since the days of dos and windows 3.1. I got tired of windows, and have been using Linux for a while, and decided to make the switch to a mac since OS X is based off of unix (Free BSD is it?).

I look forward to being an active member of this forum, and learning about the many things things that can be done with my new mac.

Thanks for reading!

-Jason (A very happy new mac owner, and switcher). :cool:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Jason, Welcome to the Forums and to the world of the Mac. I am sure you will enjoy both your new Powerbook G4 and the Forums.

If we can help you in any way, please ask!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Hey man, congrats on your PowerBook. Those are sweet!

And I read somewhere it was Darwin or something. Not Free BSD. But I know nothing about development. I just make music and movies...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
welocme to the boards!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.