Import Mail Messages from CSV

Reaction score
Would you please point me to instructions that include import of Windows Outlook mail messages from CSV formatted files. The only instructions found deal only with address books. I need to add my mail messages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You cannot use CSV to export email

Instead you can download Thunderbird from Mozilla on the PC, when installed it will ask to import your Outlook mail.

Then add the import export extension for thunderbird here
ImportExportTools

The extension will download as an XPI file

Save the ".xpi" file to your computer's hard disk and note the location.

Start up Thunderbird and select "Add-ons" from the "Tools" menu. Click "Extensions" in the new window and click "Install." Browse to your saved ImportExport Tools ".xpi" file and click "Open."Click the "Install Now" button and close Thunderbird.

Restart Thunderbird and select "ImportExport Tools" from the "Tools" menu. Click "Options." Select the "Export Directories" tab. Check the box next to "Export folders as MBOX file." Browse to the drive and folder to which you want to export your mbox files. Click "OK" twice. Select "ImportExport Tools" from the "Tools" menu again. Click on "Export all the folders." Choose a folder from Thunderbird's collective "Profiles" folder and its contents will be exported as mbox files.

Put the exported files on a thumb drive and transfer them to the mac, mail can import mbox files.

If all that sounds like a hassle, spend $13 on O2M
Little Machines

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.