Creating own pictures

Reaction score
On my PC at work I often want to take a screenshot of part of the screen.

What I do is press PrintScreen, then press paste into Paint. Then I can select part of the screenshot, and then paste the cutout bit back into a new paint file.

Then I can save the file, and then make a Twitpic, paste it onto my blog etc.

What I want to know is whether there is a way to do this same thing on my new MacBook using the standard Mac software.

Can anyone help? Because this is seriously driving me crazy.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Shift>Command>4 will give you cross hairs to capture ANY part of the screen. Press the space bar and it will bring up a camera then click mouse for a screen shot. Then use whatever online site for image hosting you use.
Alternately Shift>Command>3 will instantly take a snap of the whole screen and all these shots by default land on the Desktop.

Or go and dl Skitch which is Your image swiss army knife.
Screen capture, crop, resize, sketch…
then share with people… Fast.
With this you can then get URL's to post in blogs, forums etc

HTH

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Cmnd+Shift+3 will take a shot of the whole screen. With Cmnd+Shift+4, you can click and then drag to select a specific area. Also, with Cmnd+Shift+4, if you put the crosshairs in a Finder window and press the Spacebar, you can get a picture of that window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.