New iMac models...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21½" 3.6GHz Core i5 iMac, 12GB Crucial RAM
...they would just have to come out only a month after I got my "new" iMac. Happens everytime. Boy gets computer. Boy loves computer. Boy struts like peacock with new computer. New computer suddenly not new (usually 4½ minutes after computer purchase). Boy shrugs and still loves "new" computer. ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
I kind of Feal the same way but it is for the resin I could have bought my referb for $200 less. :)

OP
Phacade
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't. I built my last PC in 2002. This Mac will likely service me for the next 3-5 and then go to the kids. Then I'll get a BIGGER Mac. :):);D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...they would just have to come out only a month after I got my "new" iMac. Happens everytime. Boy gets computer. Boy loves computer. Boy struts like peacock with new computer. New computer suddenly not new (usually 4½ minutes after computer purchase). Boy shrugs and still loves "new" computer. ;P

This is the sort of post we get every time Apple launches new computer models...the names & faces just change.;) It's very very hard to predict exactly when Apple is going to release new models.

My piece of advice to anyone thinking of purchasing a new Apple computer...is NEVER buy a new computer "mid-cycle". ALWAYS wait (if you can)...until Apple DOES release new models. Then you have the choice of:

- buying the latest & greatest
- buying the previous generation at a reduced price

If you follow this strategy...you will almost never be disappointed!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro

If you find it absolutely impossible to resist the new iMacs, try this:
Wait until you see one pop up in the refurb store and snatch it up right away. (could be a few weeks, could be months from now)
Sell yours to recoup most of the expenses.
Follow Nick's advice to wait next time until a new model is announced. ;)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Follow Nick's advice to wait next time until a new model is announced. ;)

Of course in an "imperfect world" where emotional needs sometimes are greater than or out-weigh "logical needs"...it's can be difficult to follow that advice!;)

So I definitely understand how difficult it can be to wait until the next launch.:)

- Nick

OP
Phacade
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh this is completely a tongue-in-cheek post. I'm quite happy with my Mac and plan on keeping it for several years before "upgrading" the kids with it and getting a bigger one myself. I just find it somewhat ironic that, after waiting until income tax time to buy it, the new models immediately find their way out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.