questions about new hard drive and time machine..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.26 8GB RAM 500GBhdd, iPhone 4, and iPad
hey guys, Im not so new to mac anymore its been a while since I switched but I figured this would be a good place to ask.

I am getting the 500GB hybrid SSD hard drive for my Macbook Pro 13". If I use time machine on my external to make a back up of my machine could I swap in the new hard drive and recover all my programs and everything from my 160 to the 500 or is that not something that could be done with time machine. I have photoshop, lightroom, dreamweaver, etc.. etc.. and some other programs installed and I would like to save time with the reinstall.

refreshing it wouldnt be the end of the world just wondering if you guys had any ideas.

OP
Brunhild
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Short answer ... yes, it's fairly easy to do that.

OP
Brunhild
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok I just wanted to know it would work and all apps would be installed. thanks..

C

chas_m

Be aware that Adobe programs tend to need to be re-installed and re-activated when restored from backups. Make sure you have your original license numbers handy just in case.

OP
Brunhild
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cool, thanks for the heads up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.