transfer to ipad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17in GS Macbook Pro 3.06ghz, 4gb ram, 500 hdd 7200 rpm,9400m and gt graphics
Hi all gona be buying an iPad soon for work.

My question is there anyway I can do a drag and drop option on to the iPad if hooked up to a pc or MAC.
As I work on both and I need to transfer work and files from different peoples pc and macs and I want to avoid I tunes
Cheers

C

chas_m

a. There's no reason to avoid iTunes.

b. Yes, there are some third-party apps that will let you transfer files wirelessly -- I think GoodReader does this, you may also want to look at Drop Box. Drag and drop as you're thinking of, no. Because the iPad is not a work computer.

c. If this is your main question about the iPad, I fear you may be misunderstanding the point of the device. It's not file-and-folder based at all -- uses an entirely different paradigm and mentality -- and doing a lot of file-based work is possible but not anywhere near as practical as doing it on, say, a MacBook Air.

Just to be clear, I absolutely love my iPad. But I could never do my computer-based job (professional writing and research) on one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17in GS Macbook Pro 3.06ghz, 4gb ram, 500 hdd 7200 rpm,9400m and gt graphics
Cheers guys

I think I need to look at whats available and see how they work

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.