TV output disabled with latest nvidia 9400m drivers?

Reaction score
I decided to update my 9400m's drivers (08 fall unibody macbook) for Windows 7 to the latest available release - 270.61. It went fine, but I plugged in my Display port to HDMI adapter and my plasma didn't receive any signal. My macbook monitor went black, but the tv started its "no signal" countdown after a few minutes, which means nothing is being sent from my macbook to the TV at all.

I tried the Force TV output setting - no dice
I tried to force display detection and some other stuff - nothing

I went back to my mac partition - everything's fine, output fine as usual

I went back to Windows 7 and uninstalled the drivers, then let windows install its stock drivers for the 9400m, which is 177.16 or something. - worked fine again.

Is this a known issue with these drivers? Anything ideas on how to fix it? It seems to work fine otherwise.

Thanks for any help

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sometimes updating drivers in Windows causes problems as you found out. Here's where the old adage goes without saying.... "If it's not broken, don't fix it".

Is it a known issue with the new drivers? Who knows... But if the old ones work, I wouldn't worry about it.

OP
P
Reaction score
Yeah, seems like a lame unfixable driver thing. I'm gonna hunt down the newest release I can use without having to stick with the very basic stock drivers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.