Problem in viewing the help topic

Reaction score
I write something in help,help list topic should be open n when i select a single topic there should ne nothing open in window.only blank window should be open.i m worried why it is happening.plz reply me

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Moved thread.

I have no idea which forum this should belong in (since I don't have a clue what you're talking about and kind of doubt anyone else does either), but it certainly does not belong in the Apple Rumors and Reports forum.

Are you referring to an existing application you have installed or are you attempting to create a help file for your own application?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Not sure but I think Mohib Ali means that if he highlights menu > help and writes something to get help, say (system preferences) that nothing is displayed.

Possibly???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Who knows most confusing thread!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mohib Ali,

Do you mean this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I when i select a single topic there should ne nothing open in window.only blank window should be open.

When you select something (by clicking it) it should open that item in the Help window. I don't know how you would ever get a blank window.

Your English is very good, but you've been too brief in describing the issue you have. If you can explain the problem in more detail, someone is bound to know the answer.

OP
M
Reaction score
In "help" when i write anything(internet setting)a help list should be open.when i select any single topic from help topic list.a new but blank window has opened.there should noting showing,means no detail should be open in window just blank window opens.when i select any sigle topic from the help list.n in the end of list showing(open all topic)n when i click open all topic a window of all topic are showing.n when i select any topic the detAils of related topic should be open.in short after selecting an individual topic tht u can see in the help list,no detail of relevent topic do not open.i can explain it briefly hope u can understand now

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes.from this list when i select any topic a blank window without any detail should open

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes.from this list when i select any topic a blank window without any detail should open.but on my side a question mark sign attach with the topic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
OP - Are you sure that ratherthan give a description for the help topic that the system is not just displaying an arrow to the menu item to show you where it is in the menu?

Alternatively, at the bottom of the help list do you see something like "display all help results". Try clicking on that.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes when i click on display all topic i am able to see the dtail of any topic but whenever i click on help topic list(click on single topic$ blank window should be open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
OP - We don't understand when you say 'a blank window should be open'? Can you explain further? Exactly what do you want to see?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2016 13in 4 Thunderbolt Ports 3.3GHz I7 16 GB Ram
Mohib.

You said
but whenever i click on help topic list(click on single topic$ blank window should be open.

Do you see a blank window?

Do you see a window with information?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 2016 13in 4 Thunderbolt Ports 3.3GHz I7 16 GB Ram
Mohib,

Are you connected to the internet when you see the blank page?

In Finder, I tried Help>Preferences>Internet and wireless. I got information only when the computer is connected to the internet. There was a short delay before seeing the information.

When not connected to the internet, I got a blank window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And what is the result if you are online and do a search via help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mohib Ali - have you not thought that the help topic might be on the internet. If you are not connected then you won't see anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.