Cant install iTunes 5... Still open?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB RAM
I have downloaded the iTunes 5 installer, but when I go to install it, it says I have to quit iTunes, when I have quit it.
I have restarted my comp and also tried going through Software Update, but it still says it. I dont get how I can still have iTunes open...
Any suggestions?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Do you have any third party iTunes apps or any iTunes widgets? You also might want to check out the Activity Monitor to see, if it is not actively running.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB RAM
Thanks alot,
I had already closed the widgets, but it turns out Sizzling Keys was open to, got iy working now.
Cheers,
Eddy

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Oh, good. Glad you found the culprit. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Also in the future, when installing things like Quicktime, iTunes, Security Update etc.. Try logging out and then log back in and hold down the shift key. That will log you in without actually starting any of the login items and that can reduce the amounts of possible conflicts you could have. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
Also make sure you don't have any other users logged in with the application running.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.