• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Ever bought clothes on eBay?

J

JSchultz

I'm almost mulling it over. But I'm not quite sure, because I'd be afraid of knock-off's and other such things. For some reason, it does seem to be quite a bit cheaper to get clothes from eBay even after rediculous shipping fees.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
The only Clothes I have bought are 2 Hyperlite shirts (wakeboarding). Other then that, I havent bought any 'name' brand or anything. I would say your safe if you did it the ebay way.

Reaction score
I have. The clothing I buy isn't so high-end that I have to worry about knock-offs though. I have never had a problem with it. I also sell some of my old clothes on Ebay, its better than throwing them away and worth the little time it takes to list/ship them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
hardly known band t-shirts and what not is about all the clothes i have bought on ebay...i prefer the salvation army!

OP
T

Tel

I bought a limited edition new Stone Island jacket from ebay with no problems. It was about the same price as the RRP but the Stone Island shop in London didn't have any in stock when I wanted it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
My wife buys my kids cloths from there all the time. she even has bought herself a few pieces for herself. Its really not bad at all. I mean worse case scenerio is that IF you get the wrong item or there is something wrong with it, you make arrangements to get your money back and return the item to the seller. IF for some reason they will not cooperate, you can report them to ebay and you will end up getting your money back either way.

One piece of advice though is to completely read and understand the itmes descriptions as well as look at the sellers rating (each person has "feedback points complete with buyers/sellers comments of that person) My wife only buys from people with 99.7% + rating and is sure that there have been not severe negetive comments recently. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
You guys buy 'already-worn' clothes from private individuals online? I'm sorry, I could not do that, just my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I tried it once and got ripped... the clothes weren't as described at all. But I kinda knew it was a risk because of the sellers short reputation. As long as you make sure you only by from reputable sellers you shouldn't have any trouble.

OP
J

JSchultz

well, I've decided that for what I Want, it'd be far too risky. After checking all the sellers' feedback, I discovered at least 10 comments per seller that were negative due to the fact that the merchandise was fake, and confirmed by the actual store itself.

I suppose the old saying that if it's too good to be true, don't do it still applies.

Band t-shirts still seem like a good idea though ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
JSchultz said:
I suppose the old saying that if it's too good to be true, don't do it still applies.

Unfortunately that saying always applies... :(

OP
B

badmojo

I've purchased two shirts from eBay and was very satisfied. I just laundered them before wearing for the 1st time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I used to work with someone who would buy designer clothes off eBay. About 25% of the stuff she bought wound up being counterfeit, so she stopped buying from people with low feedback ratings.

"Hey, look at this Prada bag I got for $25!"
"Umm, isn't there only one 'd' in 'Prada?'"
"Huh?"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
caribiner23 said:
"Hey, look at this Prada bag I got for $25!"
"Umm, isn't there only one 'd' in 'Prada?'"
"Huh?"
HEHE....kinda like people who buy "Rollex" watches.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
mynameis said:
Ebay doesn't do that.

not ebay itself. Its paypal the will do that. my bad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.