Iphone durability is Astonishing

Reaction score
I have been a proud owner of Iphones since Oct 28 2007. Since then i have had 4 different Iphones each of which have taken damage. My last iphone i am currently using is 1 year old and is only a 3G. It has taken so much damage that i am blown away.

I was duck hunting and it fell in 2 feet of water that was too dark to see into to find it. I told my other buddy to call it and thankfully the water lit up next to me and i quickly pulled it out and turned it off. I let it sit in rice for 3 days and turned it on and it was good to go!

I stepped out of my car which i didnt know that my iphone being in my lap fell on the gravel road and underneath my car. After going out to dinner i arrived back to my friends house where his dad found my phone which i had run over. It was barely cracked on the top right of the screen. Still worked just fine.

Early this winter i was snowboarding in the blue mountains and while descending down the mountain at a very good speed my iphone popped out of my jacket and disconnected my music and i instantly stopped. Thankfully my buddy was behind me and saw the whole thing. He hiked back up the hill on his skis and dug into where he saw the phone land. Was a bit wet but it still worked.

Recently in the past 4 months i have dropped my iphone over 12 times on hard surfaces which for a month caused the microphone to quit working. Then out of nowhere it started working again and i could answer phone calls. The weird thing is that certain phone companies i could talk to and others i couldnt.

So now i am stuck with this 3g phone that the top button fell out of the side sound button is not operational and the back of the cover is half way removed.

Should i just pray for the best and wait for an Iphone 5 or should i succumb to the Iphone 4?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Frankly I might suggest you go to a cheaper phone until you can learn to take better care of your toys.

C

chas_m

You have entirely too active a lifestyle to be considered a true Apple Nerd! :)

But yeah, at least invest in a super-strong case. And pay more attention.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I suggest getting yourself an Otterbox case. Perfect for your active lifestyle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
You have been lucky, that is all. Accidents like this, are your bound to get a cracked screen

OP
M
Reaction score
Otterbox just seems like a huge piece of rubber like a tough book! Who wants to carry around a mini tough book everywhere you go?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Evidently you need to carry that around if you're constantly dropping your iPhone. I saw a demonstration of an Otterbox case at CES, the guy at the booth took the phone off his belt and literally hurled it into the ground as hard as he could. Picked it up and the iPhone was perfectly fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.