2 iPhones from pc to mac

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got my first iMac, my wife and I both have iPhones. We both have separate accounts on the pc with two separate iTunes accounts. I need to transfer both iPhones with contacts/apps/music to the iMac and whilst I can figure out how to do it for one phone through searching the forums, I can't find how to transfer two phones and keep two separate accounts, or how to merge accounts if that is easier.

Your help very much appreciated, can't wait to get started but don't want to muck things up!

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MBP 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB RAM
you can do that... well as far as i know...

you can back up both of your iphones separately on your iMac. I did that with my wife's and my ipod touch. And when i go to itunes>preference>devices ... i saw two separate back up for my and my wife's ipod touch.

now as for two separate itunes account...

you can do that by going to Store>Sign In / Sign Out your itunes account. you could sign in and out every time you and your wife use your iMac.

the problem is whatever purchases you made and transferred to your iMac, when you wife syncs it will transfer it to hers also. So you must then choose manually which one to sync...

Well in my own humble opinion, may i suggest to have 2 separate user accounts instead? (Go to System Preference > System > Accounts) So that you have a separate user from your wife.

Hope this helps!!!

Cheers!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MBP 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5 4GB RAM
to back up or transfer purchases of your iphone via itunes... Cmd + Clikc your iphone in itunes and select Back Up Now or Transfer Purchases.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.
Well in my own humble opinion, may i suggest to have 2 separate user accounts instead? (Go to System Preference > System > Accounts) So that you have a separate user from your wife.

That's what I would also recommend.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.