I'm new!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 3.6 GHz, Intel Core i5, 8 GB, 1333 MHz RAM
I am a brand new owner of my 1st iMac and have always only used Windows so this is a totally huge learning curve for me.
I am finding some things tricky but am getting there with the basics.
The reason I wanted a Mac is because I have started teaching myself to draw and paint digitally and was told that mac's are best for this plus needed bigger screen than previous laptop had.
I have to say that I have not found my new mac any faster than windows which is a bit disappointing but then I did have i7 processor in the windows laptop and the biggest you could get was i5 for the 21 inch screen.
I do love the quality of all my photo's, graphics drawings, and games though so I guess this out weighs the lack of speed.
I would like Apple to have better choice of themes and appearances at some stage because there was more choice in windows.
Over all I am happy with my new iMac and also own iphone and ipad2.:)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Welcome to Mac Forums!

If we can help with any questions, ask away.

I think with time you will enjoy your new iMac and OSX more and more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.