MBP Won't Connect to Remembered Network

Reaction score
My MacBook Pro won't automatically connect to my home network when I start my computer. Even if I just close it or it goes to sleep, when I try to resume browsing the internet, the AirPort symbol turns to the exclamation point and says 'Alert: No Internet Connection'. I have the network saved as the preferred network and the password "remembered."

However, when I go to the 'Network Preferences' window, select the network, delete the remembered password(which I have verified is saved as the correct password), then re-enter the password, it connects.

After having to go through that process every time my computer goes to sleep, I'm getting pretty tired of it. Help/Suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
In System Preferences > network> advanced do you have remember networks this computer has joined ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Delete the connection altogether, not just the password. When you do, turn the computer off and then go reboot the router. Give the router a few to reboot then start the PC and reconnect as if it was the first time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.