frequently disconnecting from wireless network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro5, 3 (2009) 2.66 GHz; iMac 21' 2010, Macbook Pro 13' 2010; iMac 20' 2010; MacMini 1T2011
on my imac 21' 2009, it has been frequently disconnecting from the wireless network. i have other macs and pcs connected to the same network and they are unaffected by the same issue. obviously, the issue lies in this computer itself. i haven't done anything in particular during the time the issue began.

i tried looking up solutions related to my issues, however neither of them has worked. i tried: restarting computer every time network is down, updating, creating a new network, and erasing old network preferences.

so any ideas? :|

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro5, 3 (2009) 2.66 GHz; iMac 21' 2010, Macbook Pro 13' 2010; iMac 20' 2010; MacMini 1T2011

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
i have other macs and pcs connected to the same network and they are unaffected by the same issue. obviously, the issue lies in this computer itself

Not necessarily. It may be with the environment this computer is in.

For example, if there is a microwave oven that is situated somewhere between this machine and the router, it could interfere with the signal. Same thing goes for cordless phone bases, baby monitors or any other device that emits RF. It could also just be in an area of particularly weak signal.

If you move the computer closer to the router, does the problem go away?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.