Timecapsule backup missing files

Reaction score
I had a lot of important contacts on my iphone which gets backed up in itunes. I stupidly deleted old backup files in itunes for my phone which i need back. I have a timecapsule which does daily backups but when I go to my timecapsule and try to find the directory
<home folder>/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup it does not show up. I cant find this directory on my timecapsule. I thought it was supposed toi backup everything on this damm thing. Can somebody help me to find the bnackup of my iphone from a few days ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Time Capsule does not do any kind of backup .... it is a piece of hardware.
You are not very clear on what software you are using to do your backup, nor are you clear if you are backing up to the Time Capsule.

If you are using Time Machine to back up to the Time Capsule and you have not excluded any folders from your backup then your iTunes backups will be backed up to the Time Capsule.

Are you using the Time Capsule wireless .... if yes, you need to be patient when it builds its directory before you can select anything.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
V
Reaction score
sorry i meant Time Machine. I dont see all the directories with what I need. Any idea where the directory that holds the itunes iphone backup files are located.

Time Capsule does not do any kind of backup .... it is a piece of hardware.
You are not very clear on what software you are using to do your backup, nor are you clear if you are backing up to the Time Capsule.

If you are using Time Machine to back up to the Time Capsule and you have not excluded any folders from your backup then your iTunes backups will be backed up to the Time Capsule.

Are you using the Time Capsule wireless .... if yes, you need to be patient when it builds its directory before you can select anything.

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.