HELP - I need an MA group - LOL!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(#1) 21.5" iMac 3.06GHz OS 10.6.7 (#2) 13" MBP 2.3 GHz OS 10.6.7
You know how some people are addicted to tattoos and some are addicted to piercings? Apparently, I'm addicted to Mac now.

In February, my mother-in-law wanted a computer (there hasn't been one in the house for over 15 years). So, what does she pick? A MacBook Pro. Of course, I was the one to help set it up - love at first sight. Now, I haven't had much experience with Apples, but knew they were a much better machine and a WAY better OS.

In March, the primary IDE controller in my PC died, unfortunately taking the HD with it. Now, being A+ and MCSE certified, repairing it would not have been an issue (since I built it 8 years ago), I just didn't have the time - nor the energy - to do so (and I have been wanting to drop MicroCrap for years). So, in spite of the bad economy, I applied for Apple financing and bought an iMac (since the family needed a computer).

Here it is April, and on Friday my wife and I spent the income tax refund to buy a MacBook Pro for our anniversary - LOL! She has been on the iMac more than I have (and she is completely technologically challenged). So, in an effort to be able to learn and enjoy, I now have a portable - or should I say SHE does - she's commandeered the MacBook because (and I quote), "I can watch TV and play".

I am halfway through Aperture training (want to get certified - I'm a semi-pro photographer) and going to get iLife certified. Hopefully I can get a part-time job teaching at an Apple store.

So, are there any "Mac Anonymous" groups I can join to help with my new found addiction? I'd hate for the kids to have to eat Ramen noodles to support my habit.

John...

M

MacInWin

Sadly, I have not found the local chapter of the "MA" myself. I started on an iMac, then an iPhone (3G) and then got into the hard stuff. Pretty soon I had an iPhone 3GS, a Mac Mini and a MacBook Pro. I hooked my wife, shamelessly, and now she's addicted as well. And finally, my son-in-law surrendered to the temptation and has a Macbook Air. We're just pathetic.

And Ramen noodles aren't THAT bad!

OP
jjq224
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(#1) 21.5" iMac 3.06GHz OS 10.6.7 (#2) 13" MBP 2.3 GHz OS 10.6.7
Sadly, I have not found the local chapter of the "MA" myself. I started on an iMac, then an iPhone (3G) and then got into the hard stuff. Pretty soon I had an iPhone 3GS, a Mac Mini and a MacBook Pro. I hooked my wife, shamelessly, and now she's addicted as well. And finally, my son-in-law surrendered to the temptation and has a Macbook Air. We're just pathetic.

And Ramen noodles aren't THAT bad!

Nope, no iPhone here - I have the limited edition R2-D2 Droid 2 (I am a MAJOR Star Wars addict as well [as if the avatar doesn't give that away]). Until the iPhone supports Flash/Java, I won't be getting one anytime soon. :Angry:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.