Tiger upgrade issue

E

Ex_PC_Puke

I've decided (again) to give Tiger a try - unlike my previous installs (erase and install) I followed MacWorlds advice and did a Install and Archive choosing to keep my local files etc.

- Have done all the post install OS and SW upgrades

On every reboot - after I login - I get the following window:

APPLICATION LAUNCH FAILURE
The application "Transport Monitor" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "8<Transport Monitor><Transport Monitor><HotSyncLib.PPC><>"

On Panther I was running iSync allong with my Palm hotsync ----- abnd suggestions before I call into Apple care :p

I'm sure its pathetically simple - but I don't want to screw up this install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yea i would try to erase the pallm software and make sure you remove it from your login items and then re-install like mynameis mentioned...

you might be trying to run software taht is made for panther and need new software for tiger
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Check this thread, too.

I would also suggest removing all the Palm software and reinstalling it. Make sure you remove the Palm device from the iSync config.

Also, the answer is to not use iSync with a Palm device: use the Palm Sync Manager.

OP
E

Ex_PC_Puke

Ok - sounds good - Stupid question ------ how do I remove all the Palm files ??

I assume I just search on "Palm" - then send all those files to the trash can ... sound good ????

I'm considering just buying an iPod or an IPod Mini as they do most of the stuff I use my palm for --- plus they play music :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Yes just delete all references to palm, including plist and reciepts

OP
T

thomasr

APPLICATION LAUNCH FAILURE
The application "Transport Monitor" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "8<Transport Monitor><Transport Monitor><HotSyncLib.PPC><>"

--

I had the same problem after installed Tiger. It can be fixed, but it's a drag. Following a number of suggestions in discussion groups around, I finally uninstalled everything Palm and reinstalled. That did work.... altho the iSync is still not working totally.

I started here -- http://www.palm.com/us/support/macintosh/

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.