Spazz Zooming Imac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" OS X 10.6.4 / 3.2 GHz / Intel Core i3 / 4 GB 13333 MHz DDR3
OK, I have put off asking this question but can't ignore it any longer. My Magic mouse zooms on it's own. When in Google Earth, it will just zoom out or in for no reason at all, sometimes to the point I lose my position. Has anyone else experienced this? Should it be renamed the "Spastic Mouse"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Message deleted. Misread as Mighty Mouse and I suggested it might be down to reflective mousemat - which this isn't!

OP
MontanaMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not using a mouse pad, just the top of my desk. It's a wood grain type finish.

C

chas_m

Do you have either MagicPrefs or Better Touch Tool installed? If so, set your gesture triggering to be harder to achieve. I've seen this as well, and what's happening is that your index finger is unconsciously brushing the mouse surface. The slightest movement of the finger will trigger this.

OP
MontanaMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't have either of those tools installed. Does it work better with them?

C

chas_m

I personally prefer MagicPrefs, but either should let you set the gesturing to be more difficult, and also let's you turn off horizontal scrolling with one finger (which I find annoying in some apps, like sound editing apps).

Or you could just be more careful to keep the finger away from the MM when you don't want there to be any chance of accidental scrolling.

OP
MontanaMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think I'll just try being more careful for now. thanks for all the help guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.