Missing View Button in XCode 4

Reaction score
In Xcode 4, the editor contains three buttons.

The File Owner
The First Responder and
View

I was using a shortcut and hit the view button in error. I'm not sure how to get it back in the editors windows.
I did a search in the forum and on google and can't seem to locate the answer Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks Karen

I attached a photo - hopefully that will help. Thanks

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-23 at 7.54.37 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-04-23 at 7.54.37 PM.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
TIP: When you erase something by accident, usually Command-Z will bring it back. You can even press that sequence several times if you really messed up. I would expect that to work in this case with Xcode 4.

You should be able to drag a new view into that area. If you had connections, then you'll likely have to redo those. I'm using an older version of Xcode so don't have instructions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
If it's the problem I'm thinking - There's a little button that looks like a play button at the bottom of where the icons are there for the file owner and other object, click on that and it should expand it. If you're not seeing what I'm referring to, I had whipped up a short video for people that were having trouble finding some of the basics after moving from XCode3 to 4 that you can see here: YouTube - Switching from XCode 3 to XCode 4 You may have to scroll into it a bit, I don't think I got into IB portion of XCode 4 for the first couple of minutes..

OP
Z
Reaction score
TIP: When you erase something by accident, usually Command-Z will bring it back. You can even press that sequence several times if you really messed up. I would expect that to work in this case with Xcode 4.

You should be able to drag a new view into that area. If you had connections, then you'll likely have to redo those. I'm using an older version of Xcode so don't have instructions.

xstep - Thank You for this tip and responding..

OP
Z
Reaction score
If it's the problem I'm thinking - There's a little button that looks like a play button at the bottom of where the icons are there for the file owner and other object, click on that and it should expand it. If you're not seeing what I'm referring to, I had whipped up a short video for people that were having trouble finding some of the basics after moving from XCode3 to 4 that you can see here: YouTube - Switching from XCode 3 to XCode 4 You may have to scroll into it a bit, I don't think I got into IB portion of XCode 4 for the first couple of minutes..

Nethfel - Thanks for the utube link. I should have thought of this as well.. but sometimes when you are in the middle of trying to get something... you forget lol.. Thanks for responding

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.