moving from Dreamweaver on PC to iWeb on Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
I am trying to get used to iWeb, instead of spending out more cash on an alternative more like Dreamweaver. i start up iWeb i get a message telling me i have a font missing, "MaturaMTScriptCapitals" it then tells me "to include missing fonts, add them to your fonts folder etc", i found my FONTS folder which is empty, underneath it is a folder named Font Collections, there are no clues where i might find this missing font. where did it go ?. and how do i get it back sufficiently to stop this annoying message, please.

tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I am trying to get used to iWeb, instead of spending out more cash on an alternative more like Dreamweaver. i start up iWeb i get a message telling me i have a font missing, "MaturaMTScriptCapitals" it then tells me "to include missing fonts, add them to your fonts folder etc", i found my FONTS folder which is empty, underneath it is a folder named Font Collections, there are no clues where i might find this missing font. where did it go ?. and how do i get it back sufficiently to stop this annoying message, please.

Let me google that for you

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I know it doesn't directly answer your question - but just a tip... Dreamweaver is at the opposite end of the spectrum from a template based editor like iWeb. One is intended for professionals, the other for setting up casual websites. I suggest you look at something more in between the two like RapidWeaver.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
I know it doesn't directly answer your question - but just a tip... Dreamweaver is at the opposite end of the spectrum from a template based editor like iWeb. One is intended for professionals, the other for setting up casual websites. I suggest you look at something more in between the two like RapidWeaver.

fantastic buddy, i'm not doing very well with iWeb anyway LOL.

thanks.

tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
you could also transfer a pc license of Dreamweaver to mac if you own a copy of Dreamwaever for PC

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
you could also transfer a pc license of Dreamweaver to mac if you own a copy of Dreamwaever for PC

Good idea buddy, if only i had a uuuummmm, how do you put it ?, if only i had a genuine copy of it !!!, LOL.

My Windose days are now finished, also finished are my days of using "dodgy" Windose software.

tim

C

chas_m

My Windose days are now finished, also finished are my days of using "dodgy" Windose software.

tim

Good to hear it mate!

Depending on what exactly you want to do web-wise, I'd suggest looking at Rapidweaver, Wordpress, Contribute, Freeway and Sandvox among others. Just google the words (plus "mac" to be sure you get the mac product/version) and see what you think.

If you're big on hand-coding, you might also look at Text Wrangler and Coda among others.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.